Via ferrata Speikboden
Looking for our latest highlight?
Suitable for enthusiastic newcomers, a welcoming side event for mountain lovers, exiting for sportive climbers. The Via Ferrata Speikboden is of a medium degree of difficulty, starting right after the exit of the Speikboden cablecar at 2.000m. You’ll overcome 350m of difference in altitude belayed and safe. On your first steps out of the gondola you will already get this pure feeling of summits surrounding you.
Hold on for the stunning view across Valley Aurina, Zillertal Alps and the white peaks of Durreck. Walk on for the entrance of the Via Ferrata. Get excited on the super long suspension bridge, get a grip on the edgy rocks of the mountains. You’ll arrive at the very peak of Speikboden. Heading towards a panoramic view you can only here enjoy: Dolomites, Tre Cime and Marmolata towards the glaciers of Valley Aurina.
The tour is considered a circular route, for your way back you can either chose the chairlift Sonnklar or hike downwards the alpine paths of the Speikboden recreation area.
- Difficulty: C (moderately difficult), min. age 12 years
- Start/finish point: Station Speikboden Alm at 2.000m, reachable by the cablecar Speikboden
- From the mountain station of the chairlift Sonnklar: descent of 150 m, 30 min
- From the station Speikboden Alm, path no. 27, ascent of 150 m, 40 min
- Return path to the station Speikboden Alm:
- Path no. 27, 1 hour 30 min
- Panoramic trail (toward Sonnklarnock: 3 hours or toward Großer Nock: 2 hours)
- Until reaching the chairlift Sonnklar, 30 min
- Time needed in total: min. 4 hours
- Last descent with the chairlift Sonnklar: 4:30 pm (in august: 5:30 pm)
- Last descent with the cablecar Speikboden: 5:00 pm (in august: 6:00 pm)
- Securing: Steel cable, clamps, rope bridge, suspension bridge
- Best season: June-October
- View: Dolomites, Rieserfernergruppe, Venedigergruppe, Zillertaler alps
- Equipment: climbing harness, set Via Ferrata, helmet, solid shoes
Rental of the equipment
It is possible to rent the equipment for the Via Ferrata at the mountain station of the cablecar Speikboden.